Reclaimed vintage & film cameras from professional resellers. Shipping worldwide from Finland and the US.
Model503CWD Digital Camera Kit with 80mm Lens
Hasselblad is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the birth of its founder Victor Hasselblad with the launch of a 16MP camera, the Hasselblad 503CWD. The limited-edition camera follows the styling and build quality of traditional models and is fully compatible with the V System lenses and accessories. Number 11/500. In very good condition. Please see pictures for better reference.
Hasselblad 503CWD Overview
The Hasselblad 503CWD Digital Camera Kit is custom built around the 503CW camera with its range of high performance, central shutter based lenses, thus turning this camera system into a new digital workhorse. Digital capture is based upon the unique Hasselblad RGB color space, extended with tools for powerful digital workflow control with the Hasselblad Instant Approval Architecture. The digital part of the Hasselblad 503CWD can be fitted onto all Hasselblad V System cameras as well as view cameras using the Hasselblad film magazine interface plate and flash sync connection to trigger the digital capture. The Hasselblad 503CWD thereby brings an ultra high level of integration and flexibility to the professional photographer who needs the best for both mobile and studio shooting.
- Seamless Digital Capture with the Virtues of the Classic 503CW Camera
- The 503CW has been custom built around the classic 503 camera with its range of high performance, central shutter based lenses. The addition of a high-end 16 megapixel back with a sensor, which is 50% larger sensor than the full frame 35mm DSLRs, that is aesthetically integrated with the rest of the camera turns this classic camera into a digital workhorse, while classic retro features round off the package.
- Unique Hasselblad RGB Color
- Color management solutions have in the past imposed limitations on professional digital photographers, because of the forced choice of a specific color profile to suit the job: capturing various skin tones, metals, fabrics, flowers etc. To combat this, Hasselblad has developed a new, powerful color profile to be used with its FlexColor imaging software. Working with the new Hasselblad RGB color profile enables you to produce outstanding, reliable out-of-the-box colors, with skin tones, special product gradations, and other difficult colors reproduced effectively.
- 3F RAW (3FR) File Format
- The 3F RAW file format is designed to ensure that images captured on Hasselblad digital products are quickly, effectively and safely stored on the available media (CF card, Imagebank, etc). The file format includes lossless image compression saving 33% of storage space. The 3FR file defines the colors in the Hasselblad RGB color space with its out-of-the-box quality, and used in FlexColor it removes both the need for experimenting with different color profiles to get optimal colors and the need for selective color corrections.
The 3FR files can be converted directly into Adobe's raw image format DNG (Digital NeGative), bringing this technology standard to the professional photographer for the first time. The DNG file format enables raw, compressed image files to be opened directly in Adobe Photoshop. This allows photographers to operate quickly and efficiently, reducing the "downtime" taken to process image data and enabling final images to reach the client more quickly. Furthermore, Hasselblad image files carry a full set of metadata, including capture conditions, keywords and copyright, facilitating work with image asset management solutions.
- Instant Approval Architecture
- Limitless digital image capture loses some of its potential if the photographer cannot quickly review and select the best images to present to the client. In response, Hasselblad has created Instant Approval Architecture (IAA), an enhanced set of feedback tools, designed to liberate the photographer to focus on the shoot rather than the selection process. IAA triggers audible and visible signals for each image captured, telling the photographer immediately whether the image has a red, amber or green light status. The information is recorded both in the file and in the file name, providing a quick and easy way to classify and select images, in the field or in the lab. A large, enhanced OLED display in the new Hasselblad products provides a realistic, high quality and perfect contrast image view, even in bright sunlight, to allow instant on-site image approval.
- Three Modes of Operation and Storage
- Optimum portability and image storage are critical for the professional photographer. The Hasselblad 503CWD offers a choice of the portable CF card storage, tethered operation with extended, special capture controls or optionally the flexible Imagebank. With these three operating and storage options, the photographer is able to select a mode to suit the nature of the work at hand, whether in the studio or on location.
- Modular Design
- A clean and dust-free sensor is essential and the modular design of the camera allows for easy access to and cleaning of the sensor, saving you hours of retouching work later.